Read on for infos on travel, accommodation, costs.
You may fly into:
- Zürich Airport (from there 1h30min direct train to Bern main train station)
- Geneva Airport (from there 1h56min direct train to Bern main train station)
- Bern Belp Airport- flying directly into Bern is possible from certain European cities
Rail-wise Bern is well connected with direct trains to/from Paris, Berlin, Milano. Booking reduced tickets in advance from the countries of departure is a good option!
Starting prices for...
- Airbnb private accommodation: per night about 58 CHF for a single room in town; sharing Airbnb appartments is often the best deal
- City centre hostels: per night about 37 CHF for a bed in a 6 bed dormitory, 49 CHF per person for a double room, 76 CHF for a single room
- City centre hotels: per night about 100 CHF for a single room, 200 CHF for a double room
Cost of living
The starting price for... (On 01.02.2018 the exchange rate is 1CHF = 0.86€ = $1.07)
- a decent meal in a Kneipe: about 17 CHF (beverages excluded)
- a bottle of water from the supermarket (1.5 litres): about 0.30 CHF
- a pint of beer: about 4.50 CHF
- a glass of wine: about 7 CHF
- a coffee: about 4.20 CHF
- a sandwich: about 4 CHF
- some basic but good chocolate (100 g.): about 0.50 CHF